Thursday, August 20, 2015

Grace, Grace, Grace

   There's nothing like opening my dusty blog titled, "Growing in Grace" to start a new school year with high hopes for resurrecting this space, only to remember suddenly that I have a son who needed to be picked up at the high school!  Grace, grace. I made it on time just to see him walking out the door. Grace, grace.

   Normally, I would have been beating myself up for my forgetful, distracted ways, but today, I chose grace.  Really.  This is a new thing.  Maybe I am growing. I'm not saying that I shouldn't set myself an alarm every day so I don't do it again, but today I chose to remember that it's only the second day of this new schedule, that it's totally OK not to be perfect.  I am working on that perfection idea. God doesn't ask me to be perfect, just to be faithful.

    This is not the post I came here to write.  I came to write up my plan for the coming homeschool year.  And I will do that.  I will do it imperfectly.  The school year will not go perfectly according to my hard work of planning the curricula, the schedule, the speed at which we will move and learn.  And hopefully, I will continue to choose grace for myself and for my children as we begin this year with a first-grader, fifth-grader and eighth-grader.  Grace, grace, grace.

   If you're looking for encouragement for the coming homeschool season, you must read the book Teaching from Rest by Sarah Mackenzie.  It is transforming my thinking about teaching my children.



No comments:

Post a Comment